1. General information
We respect your privacy and process your personal data fairly and lawfully, solely on the basis of a valid legal ground, or according to your consent.
2. What data we collect and process
As part of the projects, programmes, and other engagements which are part of Cogsteps’s normal activity, we will process the information you share with us. This may include:
- Directly identifying data, like your full name, home address or personal email address that by itself, or in combination with other readily available data, could identify you, or another member of your household,
- Demographic data such as age, gender, marital status, occupation and income range,
- Your behaviors and preferences to help us better understand behavior, use, and trends. “Behavior data” refers to when, why or how you take some action or behave in a certain way and “Preference data” refers to the specific choices you make,
- Any content or material you choose to submit, upload or share with Cogsteps, including without limitation, photos, videos and images,
- Certain profile information stored in your social media account, should you agree to participate in projects through a third party service such as LinkedIn or Google,
- Your voice/physical appearance in cases we will be audio/video taping your participation in a focus group discussion, in-person interview or something of a similar nature.
3. Ways and purposes of personal data processing
We use the data we collect for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations as to the execution of a particular project, research study or other engagement. We assure you that we adhere to these principles:
If you contact us with your inquiries, we will process the given data only to provide you with the requested information. After responding to your inquiry, the information you provided will be deleted.
Personal data necessary to resolve a product complaint shall be kept for 24 months from the date of its receipt in accordance with the regulations governing consumer rights.
Access to the website cogsteps.com is free and does not require registration. If you would like to receive promotional messages about our products and services, you can choose a simple log-in with your e-mail address in the web form without the need for registration. You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages at any time by choosing the option to withdraw your consent in the received promotional message.
Surveys and questionnaires
Through surveys and questionnaires, we collect information about your satisfaction with our products and other useful information to tailor them to your needs and to promote public relations. The results of conducted surveys or questionnaires are exclusively summative and anonymous. To participate in surveys or questionnaires, sign up with your e-mail address via the web form.
Cookies and other digital technologies
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you use our websites, applications and digital services. Technologies like cookies and web beacons may be used on some of our website pages. We use these technologies to manage our projects more efficiently, enhance your experience as a participant, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, for security purposes as well as for site administration purposes. Please be aware that you can adjust the settings in your computer’s browser to reject cookies, or delete individual or all cookies on your computer by following the browser help file directions. Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every website you visit – such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from – as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and digital services.
4. Personal data recipients
Cogsteps will forward your personal data to other recipients solely on the basis of a legal obligation, i.e. a justified requirement made by an authorised public body (e.g. courts).
If necessary, personal data will also be forwarded to trusted partners (data processing executives) for the purposes of providing user support, information system maintenance, market research or similar needs, with mandatory application of confidentiality and data protection measures.
5. Personal data protection
Collected personal data is processed with the mandatory application of appropriate legal, technical, and organizational security measures to prevent any unauthorized data processing. Access to your personal data is limited to the employees who need it to provide our services. We continually educate our employees about the importance of data confidentiality and the protection of privacy and your data. We collect only the data necessary for the processing in question and we do not keep them longer than necessary, i.e. determined by legislation.
6. Your rights
At any time, you can request information about the processing of your personal data and request to exercise the following rights:
- access to data related to you,
- correction or update of your personal data to always keep them accurate,
- deletion of personal data (if there are no justified reasons for data retention),
- limitation of personal data processing, e.g. when you complain about the accuracy of personal data, and until we verify their accuracy,
- withdrawal of consent for data processing (e.g. for receiving promotional messages).
If you believe that any of your rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with the Croatian Personal Data Protection Agency at:
Martićeva ulica 14, HR – 10 000 Zagreb, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Personal data protection contact
Requests, complaints or inquiries regarding processing and protection of personal data can be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com.
In accordance with the applicable legislation governing the protection of personal data, every request/inquiry shall be resolved as soon as possible and at the latest within 30 days of its receipt.
When you contact us and establish these requirements, we will invest reasonable efforts to confirm your identity and prevent unauthorized processing of your personal data.
On this website, you will find links to other websites or portals. Privacy policies on these portals may differ from this Policy.
In case of this Policy changes, we will notify you about it on this page and update the date of its last modification below as follows.